A Studio Handcrafted
For Car Work
Simulated Travel on MARS Volume with Quite Brilliant
Why Virtual Production?
- Unleash your creative vision and capture final pixel
in the studio, on the day
- Perfect your lighting with unparalleled control and realistic reflections
- Ultimate creative control with maximum flexibility, create physically impossible shots and make green spill a thing of the past
- Eliminate common logistical issues and shoot
multiple scenes in one day
Virtual Production provides filmmakers the ability to film whenever you want, wherever you want. Using virtual environments or recorded video plates, you have the freedom to control and make changes to the scene in a matter of minutes. Dramatically reduce time spent in post-production and achieve final image quality live and in-camera.
Why MARS Volume?
- Hollywood level expertise that specialises in simulated driving scenes
- Cost effective and time efficient solution for car scenes
- Handcrafted volume for car work
- 220 degree LED wall
- Fully capped LED ceiling for seamless reflections
- Fully customisable flooring solutions
- Movable LED wild walls for the ultimate 360 lighting wrap
At MARS Volume, we provide a fully optimised Virtual Production facility and team for shooting car scenes. Our 12,000 sq ft studio provides ample space for parking internally and we operate with extreme confidentiality. Our in-house team has worked on a variety of projects for a range of clients, productions and budgets across advertising, scripted series and feature films.
Creating the Right Content for Your Car Shoot
2D Plate Playback
- Greater creative control, use creative camera movements
- Composited VFX shots offer realistic lighting elements and reflections, ability to queue actors during sequences
- Cost savings for production (compared to process trailer/low loader), safer working for crew
- Easier logistical planning, eliminate need for permissions from local authorities, weather disruptions
Plate playback, or 2D playback, involves stitching video content to create a backplate to use on the LED volume. As it doesn’t involve tracked cameras, it represents a straight forward and well used method for capturing in-camera VFX.
3D Environment Creation
- Set the scene: create bespoke, hyper-realistic or other-worldly, virtual environments
- Place your actors in the centre of the world they are supposed to be within for the best performance
- Ultimate flexibility with camera angles and movement. As the camera moves, the scene will respond to ensure the camera is always seeing things in the right perspective
3D involves the creation of scenes and environments through the use of game engine – often Unreal Engine (UE).